Physostegia virginiana - Obedient Plant
Strongly upright and anxious to fill the garden, this mint relative features towers of stem ending small, pink, Snapdragon-like flowers starting in late summer & fall. Loaded with nectar, it is simply irresistible to native pollinators, especially butterflies, who are sure fill your garden!
- Great to group at the back of the garden
- Thrives in moist to wet soil
- Outstanding nectar for butterflies & hummingbirds
- Perfect to use as a cut flower
- Easy to grow and pest free
This plant is known as an obedient plant because each individual flower can be pushed in any direction, and it will obediently stay pointed in the new direction.
Prefers average, moist, acidic, well-drained soils in full to partial sun. It is capable of reaching a height up to 4 feet.