Tiarella cordifolia - Foamflower
Vigorous and robust, this shade lover boasts slightly glossy, heart-shaped, foliage that forms a compact clump topped by profuse spikes of creamy white flowers that persist for up to 8 weeks from early to late spring. Showy and dependable, it is perfect for grouping and ground-covering in shade!
- Long display of creamy white flowers in spring
- Good source of nectar in early spring
- Excellent ground cover for shade, great for grouping
- Outstanding foliage color throughout the year
- Thrives in a variety of conditions and locations
From coast to coast in all but the warmest southern climates.
Providing high-quality cover for wildlife by mimicking the many structural layers of natural plant communities will support increased wildlife diversity in your landscape. Tall trees used with medium shrubs and lower wildflowers, ferns, and sedges will allow your yard to teem with activity.
Easy to grow in dry to moist soil in part to full shade. Spreads by stolons to form a solid ground cover in organically rich, moisture-retentive soils. Soil should not be allowed to dry out completely, but wet soil, particularly in winter, can be fatal.