Comptonia peregrina NativeStar® 'Blue Sea' - NativeStar® Blue Sea Sweetfern
NativeStar® Blue Sea Sweetfern
Comptonia peregrina NativeStar® 'Blue Sea'
There is no more tolerant plant for sandy, rough, poor soils than 'Blue Sea'. It thrives and shines with narrow, fine-textured foliage that is more blue-tinged than other plants in the species. It really adds great texture, color, and form to roadside areas and difficult landscape spots and it's so easy to grow!
- Thrives and shines in poor, dry soil areas
- Foliage has a please fern-like scent
- Provides great cover and nesting for native birds
- Easy to grow with few disease issues
- Oustanding foliage texture and color
Map Credit: The Biota of North America
Map Key: Green (native), Teal (native, adventive), Blue (present), Yellow (present & rare), Red (extinct)
Grows well in average to dry soils.