Pieris floribunda - Mountain Fetterbush
- Plant listed for information only. Not currently being sold at Garden Centers
Deep green foliage adds a lush feel to the garden all year long. The flower buds form in fall turning progressively whiter before the fragrant flowers bloom in early to mid-spring. A beautiful specimen shrub for part to full shade, in moist, acidic soil. Grows well under large shrubs and trees and is happy on moist slopes.
- Fragrant, white flowers bloom in early to mid-spring
- They attract bees and other beneficial insects
- Deep green foliage remains lush all year
- Foliage provides cover for frogs, birds and other wildlife
- Resistant to lace bugs
- Very cold hardy
Found in forest or natural areas, on rocky, exposed mountain tops.
A hive of bees will fly 90,000 miles, the equivalent of three orbits around the earth to collect 1 kg of honey. It takes one ounce of honey to fuel a bee's flight around the world.
Plant in partial shade to shade in moist, acidic, well-drained soil. It will appreciate protection from winter sun and sweeping winds. Removing spent flowers will increase next years bloom. Avoid extremely hot locations.