Monarda fistulosa 'Claire Grace' - Wild Bergamot
Monarda fistulosa 'Claire Grace'
Prolific bloomer, established plants can flower for up to 8 weeks in summer. Large, soft lavender flowers attract butterflies, native bees, and hummingbirds. Its foliage is fragrant and extremely tolerant to powdery mildew. Perfect for landscape massing near a pond or in a rain garden.
- Blooms are hummingbird and butterfly magnet
- Stems provide winter cover for beneficial insects
- Superb for use in rain gardens
- Perfect for massing for long summer color
- Drought resistance once established
- Deer Resistant and powdery mildew tolerant
openings and moist thickets from Maine to Michigan south to Ohio and West Virginia, then down the mountains to northern Georgia.
The mint family contains many fragrant plants such as lavender, mint and wild Bergamot. This family is easily identifiable because of its square stems and fragrant foliage. In general bees, butterflies and hummingbirds love the mint family!