Liatris ligulistylis - Rocky Mountain Blazing Star
Rocky Mountain Blazing Star
Tall with strap-like foliage, this Blazing Star will be a garden star showing off its tuft-like purple flowers in late summer for all to see including loads of native pollinators! It's a magnet for all butterflies, a host plant for many others and perfect for using as a cut flower in the house, too!
- Easy to grow. Pest and disease free!
- Outstanding as a cut flower from the garden
- Goldfinches love the seed from its spent flowers
- Perfect for grouping at the back of any garden
- A magnet for bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds
Map Credit: The Biota of North America
Map Key: Green (native), Teal (native, adventive), Blue (present), Yellow (present & rare), Red (extinct)
Attracts Birds, Hummingbirds and Butterflies.
Grows well in dry to well-drained soils, in full sun. Drought tolerant once established.