Myrica pensylvanica 'Brave Athena' - Northern Bayberry
Myrica pensylvanica 'Brave Athena'
This female form of Northern Bayberry forms a wide, spreading presence in the landscape with deep green foliage densely held and very aromatic when crushed. Provides loads of cover for birds and a supply of gray, waxy berries in the fall and winter that birds love.
- Salt tolerant for seaside & roadside plantings
- Outstanding cover and nesting for native birds
- Aromatic foliage turns deep burgundy in fall
- Fall & winter grey berries are a native bird treat
- Easy to grow and deer resistant
Northern Bayberry has fragrant leaves that release a pleasant scent and undergo a striking color change, transitioning to deep burgundy shade during the fall.
Thrives in dry soil conditions, flourishing in areas with exposure to both sunlight and partial shade.