Panicum amarum 'Dewey Blue' - Switch Grass
Panicum amarum 'Dewey Blue'
Selected for its glaucous blue summer foliage and brilliant form, 'Dewey Blue' thrives in dry, well-drained soil and puts on a textural show in late summer when its airy plumes sit atop its foliage. Very hardy and perfect for grouping, it adds even more color as native birds collect its copious seed.
North Creek Unique™ - This unique assortment has been discovered or introduced to the trade and shared with the world by North Creek Nursery.
- Fine landscape texture especially when in bloom
- Native birds love its seed in fall and into winter
- Salt tolerant for seaside gardens and roadsides
- Easy care, disease free and perfect for grouping
- Deer and drought resistant. Extremely hardy
Native grasses provide food for many birds in the fall when they produce seed. Other beneficial wildlife use ornamental grasses for cover and nesting. Try to wait until spring to cut them back so wildlife has their protection all winter.
Thrives in full sun, in soils ranging from dry to moist.
Mature Size: 3-4' Tall x 3-4' Wide
Hardiness Zone: 2-9
Sun Exposure: Full sun