Quercus palustris - Pin Oak
Sporting glossy emerald green leaves that transition to a rusty red-orange color in the fall, this native Oak stands out with its unique pyramidal to oval shape. Like all Oaks, it is a keystone native plant that supports an incredible array of pollinators, native birds, and critters!
- Attractive bronze fall foliage
- Native critters and birds love its fruit and cover
- Easy to grow and quick to size
- Hosts a large number of native birds and pollinators
- Pollution tolerant and perfect for street side
Excellent tree for street planting because of its slender and poised appearance.
Grows well in average, moist, and wet, acidic soil.