Tiarella cordifolia 'Oakleaf' - Oakleaf Foamflower
Tiarella cordifolia 'Oakleaf'
Bright green, oakleaf shaped foliage forms a mound that gives rise to bud bearing stalks that open to reveal airy cones of tiny, white tinged pink bloom in early May. Long blooming and perfect for massing in shady areas, it is easy to grow and provides loads of early nectar for native pollinators.
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Excellent ground cover for shade
- Fall foliage turns a distinct red color
- Profuse bloom is a great early nectar source
- Long bloom really lights up shady spots
Oakleaf Foamflower can be grouped together to create an appealing ground covering.
Easy to grow in dry to moist soil in part to full shade. Soil should not be allowed to dry out completely, but wet soil, particularly in winter, can be fatal.